skip to content
Primary navigation

Report Changes Online

Private health plan enrollees (private plans are also known as qualified health plans or QHPs), need to report any changes that impact enrollment in their plan and any changes that impact their eligibility for premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions, if they applied for financial assistance.

Private plan enrollees must report changes within 30 days of the date of the change. See Rights and Responsibilities.

Some changes can be reported using one of our online forms, other changes need to be reported by calling the MNsure Contact Center. Please read carefully the types of changes you can report online before you start.

Report Changes to MNsure Using an Online Form

You can report the following changes and life events to MNsure using an online form if:

  • You or members of your household are enrolled in or have been determined eligible for a private plan. Use these online forms to report only the life events and changes listed below.
  • You completed an application to enroll or renew private health plan coverage for 2016, but need to report changes or corrections to that application. Use the online forms to report only the life events and changes listed below.

Life Events and Changes to Report Online

  • Adding someone to your household or application
    • Due to marriage
    • Due to birth or adoption
    • Due to foster care or court order; or
    • application correction
  • Address change when you move
  • Changed income or projected annual income
  • Correction to date of birth
  • Change in pregnancy status
  • Change in tax-filing status
  • Loss of other health coverage, not including Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare
  • Name change or correction

Reported Changes will affect Eligibility

The information reported to MNsure through these online forms will be used to redetermine eligibility for you or members of your household. A MNsure representative will contact you if we need additional information to process your reported changes. After MNsure processes the reported change, the primary applicant on your account will receive a notice in the mail if there is a change to your eligibility for coverage or financial assistance.

Changes that Cannot be Reported Using an Online Form 

To report changes and life events that are not listed above, call the MNsure Contact Center at 855-366-7873 or 651-539-2099. For example, you will need to call the Contact Center to report any of the following:

  • Change in citizenship status
  • Change or correction to mailing address
  • Change to or correction to marital status, such as divorce
  • Death
  • Gain of other health coverage, including becoming eligible for Medicare
  • Incarceration status
  • Loss of Minnesota residency
  • Loss of Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare coverage
  • Request to remove a person from your household or application
  • Request to terminate qualified health plan coverage

Do NOT use the online forms to report changes if any of the following fits your situation:

  • You would like to apply for a special enrollment period because you have experienced a life event that qualifies you for a special enrollment. See the Special Enrollment page for more information or call the Contact Center at 855-366-7873 or 651-539-2099.
  • Your household has not yet completed an application for coverage through or submitted a paper application.
  • Families enrolled in Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare should contact their county servicing agency or the Department of Human Services to report changes or life events.
  • Employees enrolled in coverage through MNsure's SHOP should not report life events or changes using these online forms. MNsure SHOP enrollees should report life events and changes to MNsure by completing the SHOP Employee Change Form (PDF).

Online Report Forms


Register to use the online report forms.

Log In

After you register, log in.

back to top