Start Here - What's On this Application
Application WITH Financial Help
- Use this application to apply for anyone in your family.
- Apply even if you or your child already has health coverage. You could be eligible for lower-cost or free coverage.
- Families that include immigrants can apply. You can apply for your child even if you are not eligible for coverage. Applying will not affect your immigration status or chances of becoming a permanent resident or citizen.
This application scans your income and other information to determine what coverage you qualify for and if you can get any help paying for it. After you submit this application, you’ll see a screen with the results, also known as the “eligibility determination”.
About Navigating the Online Application
- Your progress through the online application is indicated by a menu on the left side of the screen. You can go back to previous sections by using this menu.
- Some sections have a summary screen where you can review and edit some of the information you entered for that section. Review these sections carefully, after you electronically sign your application, you will not be able to make changes to it online.
- If you realize you need to make a correction after you have signed your application, you will need to contact the MNsure Contact Center, the Minnesota Department of Human services or your county or tribal agency depending on which program you are eligible for.
- Required fields on the application are marked with an asterisk (*). Some information, such as race and ethnicity, are optional and for statistical information only.
Immigration Status and Social Security Numbers
You do not need to provide immigration status or a Social Security number (SSN) for people that are not applying for health care coverage. Providing an SSN for all household members can speed up the application process. We use SSNs to check income and other information to see who is eligible for help with health coverage costs.
If someone wants help getting an SSN, call 800-772-1213 or visit www.socialsecurity.gov. If you are a TTY user, call 800-325-0778, or use your preferred relay service. We will keep all information you provide private and secure as required by law. We will use personal information only to check whether you are eligible for health coverage.