This policy applies to brokers, navigators and certified application counselors (CACs).
Terms and Definitions
Assister(s): Refers to brokers, navigators and certified application counselors (CACs)
Credentials: Consumer’s username and temporary password for their MNsure online account
When a consumer is unable to set up an online account using the remote identity proofing questions, certified assisters may help consumers manually set up an account using the Account Request Form.
A consumer can authorize MNsure to share their credentials with a certified assister they designate on the Account Request Form. The first and last name of the assister must be entered on the form.
MNsure is only able to send the account credentials to one place. The place where the account credentials are sent is determined in the following way:
- MNsure will email the account credentials to the email address the consumer lists as their email address on the form. In this situation, the account credentials will not be emailed to an assister listed on the Account Request Form.
- If no consumer email address is provided, but there is an assister email address, MNsure will email the credentials to the assister email address. In this situation, the consumer will not receive the account credentials by email or mail.
- If there is no consumer email address and no assister email address on the Account Request Form, then MNsure will mail the credentials to the consumer’s mailing address.
Regardless of where the account credentials are sent:
- The consumer can call the MNsure Contact Center to request their credentials.
- The assister authorized by the consumer on the Account Request Form may call the ARC or Broker Service Line to request the consumer’s credentials.
Assisters may submit the Account Request Form and supporting identity documents to the Assister Resource Center (ARC) or Broker Service Line:
- Navigators and CACs may submit the information by secure fax to the ARC at 651-431-7572 or by requesting a secure email from the ARC.
- Brokers may submit the information by requesting a secure email from the Broker Service Line.
Each Account Request Form should be submitted separately.
The ARC and Broker Service Line forward the Account Request Form to the proper department for processing. It then takes approximately seven to ten business days for an account to be created. Incomplete or illegible documents can lead to delays in processing. To help consumers avoid delays, please make sure that all required documentation is included and all information on the documents is legible.