How to Use the Online Reporting Forms
Follow the Steps below to Report a Change Online
Tips to avoid common errors (PDF)
Step 1: Create a unique user name and password and register to report a life event or change
- You cannot use a user name that has already been created.
- Your password must include a minimum of 8 characters, one uppercase and one lowercase letter and one number.
- You do not have to use the same user name or password you are using for your MNsure.org account.
- If you wish to receive an email confirmation after the information is submitted, be sure to provide an email address for the person reporting the life event or change.
Step 2: Login with the user name and password you created.
- If you forget your user name or password, click "Create Login" to create a new user name and password.
Step 3: Select the type of life event or change you need to report.
Step 4: Enter information about the person who experienced the life event or change, or who is being added to the application.
Step 5: Complete the reporting form.
- For data security reasons, each form page will time out after 30 minutes. If a reporting form times out before you click "submit" the information entered will not be submitted and you'll have to start over.
Step 6: Click "Submit."
Step 7: Click "Log Out" to end your session. If you have additional changes to report for the household, start again at Step 2.
Do NOT use the online forms to report changes if any of the following fits your client's situation:
- Applying for a special enrollment period. See the Special Enrollment Period page for more information or call the ARC or Broker Line.
- Client has not completed an application for coverage through MNsure.org or by submitting a paper application.
- Families enrolled in Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare should contact their county servicing agency or the Department of Human Services to report changes or life events.
- Employees enrolled in coverage through MNsure's SHOP should not report life events or changes using these online forms. MNsure SHOP enrollees should report life events and changes to MNsure by completing the SHOP Employee Change Form (PDF)