This procedure applies to certified brokers utilizing the case status request form (CSR).
The CSR form is the most efficient way to obtain status information for multiple clients. The Broker Line team is able to check the case status of a consumer application and enrollment and respond with information for each consumer listed on the form.
The CSR form can be used to check the status of AORs, applications, renewals, enrollments, LECs and verifications.
- For paper applications, please allow 3 weeks processing time from the date the application was submitted.
- Please submit one form per secure email and list no more than 20 consumers per form.
- Only certified brokers and their assistants can submit a CSR.
Where to Find the Form
Complete the CSR Form
- Complete all of the information on the top left of the form.
- Broker name
- National Producer Number (NPN)
- Agency name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Each individual request on the form must have at least three personal identifiers. These may include first and last name, date of birth, address and/or Social Security number.
- For newborns, it is imperative to have a parent’s first and last name and 2 other identifiers for the parent (such as date of birth and address).
- If three personal identifiers are not given, the information cannot be shared and the request for that case will not be processed.
- When possible please include the effective date of the enrollment.
- From the dropdown, please select the type of status being requested:
- Life Event
- Enter the date the enrollment, LEC, AOR or application was submitted.
- If there are any notes that will be helpful to our research, please include them in the “Notes” section.
Submit the completed case status request form via secure email.
- Case status request forms must be sent using a secure email to the Broker Team email box at email@example.com.
- Forms that are not sent in via secure email will not be processed and will be returned to the sender of the email.
- Please see MNsure’s secure email policy for the procedure on how to receive and send a secure email if needed.
Broker Team Response
- CSR response will include an update on the status being requested.
- Effective date of the change or processing completed.
- If applicable, the date the enrollment or update was sent to the carrier.
- Notes that may be helpful to explain the requested information.
- The only method to check the status of a case is via secure email using the Case Status Request Form found on MNsure Assister Central under Broker One Stop.
- Requests that are not sent securely, will not be processed. The email will be responded to asking that the information to be sent securely.
- All status requests must be requested using the CSR form. Using this method will allow the Broker Team to efficiently and thoroughly research each request and get back to the broker in a timely manner.
- Requested information can only be shared with the certified broker.
- Paper applications can only be found once they are entered into one of the eligibility systems. Broker Team cannot confirm if a paper application was received if it has not been entered into the application system.
- User names and reset passwords cannot be done via the CSR.
- Changes to enrollments and LECs cannot be reported via the CSR.
Terms and Definitions
- Case status: Case information including status of the following: agent of record (AOR), application, renewals, enrollment, life event changes (LEC) and verifications.
- Personally identifiable information (PII): Any information about an individual maintained by an agency, including 1) any information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, such as name, Social Security number, date and place of birth, mother's maiden name, or biometric records; and 2) any other information that is linked or linkable to an individual, such as medical, educational, financial and employment information.