Assister Portal Access Policy
This policy applies to navigators and certified application counselors.
All certified navigators and certified application counselors (CACs), described as assisters throughout this document, may access MNsure’s assister portal. The assister portal provides assisters with enhanced capacity to help consumers with the process of applying and enrolling in health insurance coverage.
Before MNsure will set up an assister portal account for a navigator or CAC, the individual must:
- Have approval from their organization’s Agency Administrator.
- Have all certification requirements up to date.
- Complete the required assister portal training.
- Achieve a passing score on the assister portal assessment.
- Agency Administrator submits the appropriate roster (navigator or CAC) and approves access to the assister portal.
- In the “Assister Portal Access” field, a “Yes” indicates that the assister is approved by the organization to have an assister portal account.
- The email address provided in the “Certification Information” fields must be an email unique to the assister. Generic emails, such as info@ or intern@, are not acceptable for creating an assister portal account.
- Assisters must enter contact information in the “Public Directory/Assister Portal Information” fields that will be displayed to a consumer under “Assister Details” in their MNsure online account. The phone number and email entered in these fields may be a centralized contact and does not need to be unique to the assister.
- More information on how to complete and submit the organization roster are available in the Submitting Organization Rosters policy and procedures.
- The assister completes the assister portal training course and accompanying assessment in the MNsure learning and certification portal. Assisters will use the same Unique Key/Training ID to access the assister portal training as they use to access their certification and recertification training. For more instructions on how to locate and complete the course, review the tip sheet, How to Access Online Training-2017 (PDF).
- The course will take approximately 45 minutes to complete and is labeled: MNsure Assister Portal 2016 (MNSAP2016).
- The assessment requires a 70% to achieve mastery and is labeled: MNsure Assister Portal Assessment 2016 (MNSAPA2016).
- Once an assister has met all the requirements outlined in the policy above, the ARC will enroll the assister in the assister portal.
- The assister will receive an account activation email automatically generated by the system with instructions for setting up their assister portal account.
- The assister will receive a separate email directly from the ARC confirming their account has been created and providing links to assister portal support materials.
Terms and Definitions
- Assister: Refers to navigators and certified application counselors (CACs)
- ARC: Assister Resource Center
- Assister portal: Online portal that enables assisters to apply and enroll on behalf of a consumer who has authorized them.
- Agency Administrator: Individual identified as by the organization in their contract application as being responsible for the administration of organizational data, including location address changes, activating or inactivating individual assisters using the agency’s roster, coordination and communication regarding assister certification status, ensuring individual assister data is current and accurate.