You can change plans during open enrollment by logging into your online account at MNsure.org, and selecting and enrolling in a plan. You do not have to fill out a new application.
Although you can change plans any time after December 15 through the end of open enrollment on January 31, those changes will be applied going forward (they are not retroactive). Read more about the deadlines.
If you are currently enrolled in a private plan, use the following steps to change your plan:
- To review your options before applying and enrolling, compare 2017 plans.
- Sign in to your account on or after November 1 (do not create a new account).
- Choose a plan. Important: If you live in Benton, Crow Wing, Mille Lacs, Morrison or Stearns county, stop here and call the Contact Center at 1-855-366-7873 to complete your enrollment -- do not enroll online.
- Enroll in the plan and sign.
- Pay the first month's premium to your insurance company when you receive an invoice. You will not have coverage unless you complete this step.