Documents you'll receive from MNsure SHOP during the enrollment process:
- Health coverage summary
- Employee enrollment instructions letter
- Eligibility status
- Welcome packet
- MNsure SHOP will process your employer application and send you a health coverage summary. Please review the summary carefully and notify us of any discrepancies within two business days. If we do not hear from you, enrollment will proceed and no further changes can be made to your selections.
- MNsure SHOP will send you an employee enrollment instructions letter that instructs employees how to review plans and complete the employee application. If you have already submitted your employee applications, this letter is for your reference only but please keep a copy on file for new hires. When applicable, you will collect and securely return all employee applications to MNsure SHOP.
- Employee applications are processed and you will receive a notice of final eligibility status (a participation rate of 75% or greater).
- Your first invoice will be e-mailed to you and payment is due on the 25th of the month before the first day of coverage. Electronic payment instructions are included.
- Health plan insurance companies will mail ID cards to employees' homes after processing enrollment. Delivery is about 10-14 days from the date the ID cards are mailed.
- It is your responsibility to notify MNsure SHOP of all enrollment changes within 30 days of the event (for example, new hires, births, terminations, cancellations, etc.). Please do not wait until the waiting period is over to submit the required paperwork. To assist you with these responsibilities, MNsure SHOP will send you a welcome packet with guidance.