Under Minnesota Rules Part 7700.0060, MNsure monitors the performance of certified brokers during the certification period. In general, MNsure may decertify a certified broker for violation of the MNsure Certified Broker Individual Certification Agreement, or for failure to provide consumer assistance services under Minnesota Rules Part 7700.0040, Subp.2, or failure to comply with conflict of interest standards specified in Minnesota Rules Part 7700.0070, Subp 2, or failure to comply with certification requirements detailed in Minnesota Rules Part 7700.0060, Subp 2, which include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining active status as an insurance producer
- Ensuring all insurance producer and applicable staff and contractors participate in MNsure certification training
- Complying with MNsure privacy and security standards
- Complying with the MNsure account creation process
At its discretion, MNsure may require an underperforming entity to develop and implement a time-limited performance improvement plan. If the entity declines to develop and implement the performance improvement plan or if performance is not to MNsure’s satisfaction, the entity’s certification to provide services through MNsure may be withdrawn.
MNsure Broker Individual Certification Agreement
A commitment to honesty, integrity, and respect in everything we do.
I/We commit to:
- Fulfill the needs of my/our clients to the best of my/our ability.
- Maintain my/our clients’ confidences.
- Render timely and exemplary service to my/our clients.
- Adhere to professional standards of conduct in helping my/our clients shop for the most appropriate health insurance coverage.
- Present accurately and honestly all facts essential to my/our clients’ health insurance decisions.
- Maintain my broker license and notify MNsure immediately if my license lapses.
- Notify MNsure immediately of any disciplinary actions taken against me/us by the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
- Keep informed with respect to the Affordable Care Act, related regulations, rules, and MNsure policies and to observe them in my dealings with customers.
- Cooperate with MNsure in meeting the needs of my/our clients.
- Refrain from unprofessional conduct towards my/our clients, prospective clients, MNsure staff and the staff of partner organizations.
- Protect client information using appropriate safeguards and refrain from disclosing protected information except as authorized by law.
- Provide truthful information regarding my appointment(s) with health and/or dental carriers.
I understand that failure to adhere to this agreement may result in corrective action by MNsure including the revocation of my certification to assist clients with MNsure.