Password Reset Procedures
This policy applies to MNsure certified brokers and support staff.
The Broker Team is able to assist brokers with resetting a password for their assister portal accounts and consumer account password reset.
Assister Portal Password Resets
Assister Portal password resets can be completed over the phone or via email request.
- If available, broker should provide their username.
- If unable to provide username then full name, NPN and agency name must be verified or included in email. Broker will be provided with username after verification of account.
- Broker Service Line representative will reset the password on the portal account.
- Representative will provide the temporary password which will be valid for 24 hours.
Consumer Account Password Resets
Consumer password resets can only be completed over the phone. Email requests will not be accepted.
- In order to protect consumer data, representatives are only able to complete one password reset per call.
- Brokers must verify three pieces of personally identifiable information (PII) contained in the consumer’s account.
- Brokers should have PII available prior to initiating their call to the Broker Service Line. The information must be verified against what was entered when the account was created. In some cases, consumers may not have provided a piece of information (such as an SSN) or the data may not match their current information (such as an address).
- Representatives provide broker with the consumer’s username and resets the password on the consumer’s account.
- Representative will provide the temporary password for consumer’s account which will be valid for 24 hours.
- The Broker Service Line can use the following consumer PII to verify the account information:
- Full name
- User name
- Phone number
- Last four digits of SSN