ARC Life Event Change Procedure
The ARC can assist with reporting some changes needed for consumers that have an active qualified health plan (QHP) determination or a mixed eligibility household not in public program renewal. Other changes must be reported using the online reporting tool. For a list of changes and the appropriate method for reporting it, please review the Report Changes Online page.
- If the change should be reported by phone, call the ARC.
- The consumer must be physically present with the assister, or on the call at the time the call is initiated. ARC staff must speak with the consumer to verify three PIIs and give data privacy and attestation warnings.
- The consumer can then give permission to the assister to report the change or the ARC will take the change from the consumer.
- The life event will either be processed live on the phone or be forwarded to the MNsure Operations Team for processing.
- After the LEC has been processed, the ARC will send a secure email to the assister regarding the outcome of a LEC they submitted on behalf of a consumer. The email will specifically explain the outcome of a change, the way to resubmit a change if it could not be processed, or any other follow-up necessary.
- The ARC will not take a life event change (LEC) over the phone if it can be done online (unless there is a medical emergency).
- The ARC is unable to gather LEC's for consumers with a Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare determination. These should be reported to the consumer's servicing agency.
- Please have income figures and other information that needs to be changed determined prior to calling in the LEC.
- ARC does not calculate income for consumers.
- ARC staff are unable to give LEC processing time frames, however processing timeline updates can be found in the weekly Navigator Communication.
- Assisters should review follow-up emails for next steps and contact the consumer if needed. The ARC is unable to accept follow-up via emails on these cases.
- For help reporting life events online, please review the Report Application Changes section on Assister Central.