QHP to Public Program
Health Care Renewal Notice (sample) (PDF)
Who gets this notice?
This notice is mailed to consumers whose QHP eligibility cannot be automatically updated because it appears they will be eligible for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare based on the updated federal poverty levels for the coverage year. This notice will be viewable in the consumer's online account.
The notice will list the effective date, the action of "Need to Renew" and the current coverage type of "Unknown."
What should the consumer do?
The consumer should do ALL of the following:
- Consumers will need to complete, sign and send the included renewal form to the Department of Human Services (DHS) within 30 days, otherwise their eligibility will end on December 31. Information should be mailed to the address indicated on the notice.
- The applicant must write in any changes to this information on the Heath Care Renewal Notice, or may include an additional piece of paper attached with the information specified.
- Be sure the consumer reads all the legal notifications and agreements on this form.
- The consumer MUST sign the form or it will not be processed. They can send a copy of the signed form or the original. The form should be mailed to the address indicated on the notice. Verification documents can be included when submitting the renewal form.
- The last page of the Health Care Renewal Notice has information for consumers with questions. The renewal forms are processed by the Department of Human Services (DHS). Consumers receiving the Health Care Renewal Notice must contact the MHCP Member Help Desk with questions about the notice and their renewal status.
What happens next?
- If the consumer does not respond within 30 days, the consumer will be enrolled in a QHP for next year’s coverage without financial assistance. The eligibility determination will end December 31 and the consumer will need to reapply to re-determine eligibility.
- If the consumer responds, DHS will follow through to determine eligibility and will send the Health Care Notice with the results.