No Eligibility Cover Letter (sample) (PDF)
Who gets this notice?
If consumers are currently enrolled in a health insurance plan through MNsure and do not have Insurance Assisted (IA) or unassisted QHP (UQHP) eligibility for the next coverage year, they will receive this notice in the mail (with the exception of consumers who will receive the Health Care Renewal notice, Need to Renew or other notice). A household will only receive this notice if none of the QHP enrollees in a household have IA or UQHP eligibility for the next coverage year.
What should the consumer do?
Consumers can reapply online during open enrollment to receive an eligibility determination for next coverage year. If they reapply and are determined eligible to purchase a QHP, they must call the MNsure Contact Center to enroll in a plan.
What happens next?
If consumers apply during open enrollment, based on their updated eligibility, they could:
- Be eligible for MinnesotaCare of Medical Assistance and receive information from DHS.
- Be eligible to purchase a QHP.
- If they are currently enrolled and they wish to keep their plan, they can select their same plan for next year, if it's available, and have their updated subsidy amount applied, if applicable.
- If they are currently enrolled and they want to change plans, they can select a plan for next year and have their updated subsidy amount applied, if applicable.
- If they are not currently enrolled and they wish to enroll, they can select a plan for next year and have their subsidy amount applied, if applicable.
What happens if the consumer does nothing?
If the consumer does not apply, their current QHP enrollment will be renewed for the next coverage year but any financial assistance they are currently receiving will end December 31. If they want financial assistance for the next coverage year, they must reapply online during open enrollment so we can be determine what financial help they qualify for, if any.