This policy applies to brokers.
After a broker completes certification or recertification requirements, if the broker has indicated that they are “taking new clients,” they will be listed in the MNsure public assister directory. MNsure will display the broker’s name, agency name, business address, business phone number and business email address.
Procedures for Existing Agencies
- Complete any updates to existing broker roster contact information in the broker’s registration via MNsure’s online agency and broker registration tool. This includes adding any new brokers to the agency roster as well as reviewing and indicating whether the broker is currently taking new clients.
- Complete required annual recertification training which includes Data Security and Privacy training.
- If taking new clients, the broker will be listed in the MNsure Assister Directory when recertification training completion is verified. Timing will vary depending on when training is completed.
Procedures for New Agencies
- Complete agency registration through MNsure’s agency and broker registration tool.
- Once agency registration is completed, add contact information for each broker who will be selling products available on the MNsure marketplace in the agency roster via MNsure’s online agency and broker registration tool.
- Attest agreement to the MNsure Individual Certification Agreement and the Notice of Monitored Broker Performance documents for each individual broker added to the agency roster.
- Complete required annual certification training which includes Data Security and Privacy training.
- If taking new clients, the broker will be listed in the MNsure Assister Directory when certification training completion is verified. Timing will vary depending on when training is completed.
Terms and Definitions
- Assister Directory: The MNsure public directory found on MNsure’s website for consumers to find assistance from certified assisters.
- Assisters: Refers to brokers, certified application counselors (CACs) and navigators.
- Agency roster: Once an agency has submitted its notice of intent to sell through MNsure, the agency must provide mandatory information regarding each broker intending to sell through the marketplace. MNsure requires this information to check active license status of each broker and set up MNsure records for each broker to track certification progress.
- Registration: The broker’s initial step in the certification process to express interest in completing the steps of certifying with MNsure and to sell products sold on the marketplace.
- Taking new clients: If box is checked in the broker roster entry of the agency and broker registration account, the broker is indicating that new clients may contact them for assistance. The broker information will then be searchable on the MNsure public assister directory.