ARC Password Reset Procedure
Consumers resetting a password for their existing online account:
- Call the ARC.
- The consumer must be in the same room with the assister or on the same phone line as the assister.
- Verify three pieces of PII on the consumer account profile. Those PII should be based on the information that consumer entered when they created the account.
- If three PII cannot be verified, the ARC will be unable to reset the password.
- Before concluding the call, the ARC will check if the consumer has an active application.
Consumers resetting a password for a new account created using the manual account process:
- Call the ARC.
- Password resets for an account created manually can be done without the consumer present if the specific assister was authorized by the consumer on the manual account request form.
- The ARC will provide the assister with the consumer’s username and reset the account with a temporary password.
- If necessary, the ARC will wait to verify the assister can access the consumer’s account.
- Password resets can only be done over the phone.
- Only one password reset can be done per phone call to protect consumer privacy.
- ARC cannot give any hints on PIIs.
- The ARC can use the following consumer PII to verify the account info:
- Full name
- Phone number
Assisters resetting a password for their Assister Portal account:
- Password reset can be completed over the phone or via email request.
- If available, the assister should provide their username.
- If unable to provide username then full name, assister ID and agency name must be verified or included in email. Assister will be provided with username after verification of account.
- The ARC representative will reset the password on the portal account.
- Representative will provide the temporary password which will be valid for 24 hours.