ARC Password Reset Procedure
Consumers resetting a password for their existing online account:
- Call the ARC.
- The consumer must be with the assister and verify three pieces of PII on the consumer account profile. Those PII should be based on the information that consumer entered when they created the account.
- If three PII cannot be verified, the ARC will be unable to reset the password.
- Before concluding the call, the ARC will check if the consumer has an active application.
Consumers resetting a password for a new account created using the manual account process:
- Call the ARC.
- Password resets for an account created manually can be done without the consumer present if the specific assister was authorized by the consumer on the manual account request form.
- The ARC will provide the assister with the consumer’s username and reset the account with a temporary password.
- If necessary, the ARC will wait to verify the assister can access the consumer’s account.
- Password resets can only be done over the phone.
- Only one password reset can be done per phone call to protect consumer privacy.
- ARC cannot give any hints on PIIs.
- The ARC can use the following consumer PII to verify the account info:
- Full name
- Phone number
Assisters resetting a password for their Assister Portal account:
- Password reset can be completed over the phone or via email request.
- If available, the assister should provide their username.
- If unable to provide username then full name, assister ID and agency name must be verified or included in email. Assister will be provided with username after verification of account.
- The ARC representative will reset the password on the portal account.
- Representative will provide the temporary password which will be valid for 24 hours.