Who Renews and When?
- Consumers enrolled in qualified health plans (QHPs) can renew their coverage during the annual open enrollment period.
- Consumers who have Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare (public programs) will get notified by DHS when their renewal is up, and the steps to take to renew their membership.
- Mixed-eligibility households: The QHP members follow the same renewal process as QHP-only households. Public program members follow instructions from DHS.
Tips for Assisting with Renewals
- Activate your access to the assister portal so that you can become familiar with it and help enrollees complete the renewal process as efficiently as possible.
- If a consumer has application changes to report, make sure they have the correct supporting documentation.
- Notices can become outdated if there is a change after a notice is processed. Be sure consumers are referring to the notice with the most current date if they have more than one.
- Some notices will be viewable in the consumer's account in the eligibility section under "My Notifications."
- Consumers can read these FAQ about renewing coverage on MNsure.org
- Look for logo on the renewal notice. The logo will belong the servicing agency for the renewal.
See the most common renewal scenarios and steps to take to help these consumers renew their coverage.