Open Enrollment Renewals
Who Renews and When?
- Qualified health plans (QHPs): Consumers can renew their coverage during the annual open enrollment period.
- Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare (public programs): Consumers will be notified by DHS about their renewal period and the steps to take to renew their eligibility.
- Mixed-eligibility households: QHP eligible members follow the same renewal process as QHP-only households and public program members follow instructions from DHS.
See the most common renewal scenarios and steps to take to help these consumers renew their coverage.
Tips for Assisting with Renewals
- Activate your access to the assister portal so that you can become familiar with it and help enrollees complete the renewal process as efficiently as possible.
- If a consumer has application changes to report, make sure they have the correct supporting documentation.
- Consumers may receive multiple notices and should refer to the most current dated notice if they have more than one.
- Some notices will be viewable in the consumer's account in the eligibility section under "My Notifications."
- FAQ about renewing coverage can be found on MNsure.org.
- Look for a logo on the renewal notice. It will display the servicing agency that should be contacted regarding the renewal.