Broker Certification Policy
This policy applies to brokers.
To become certified with MNsure, brokers meet the requirements outlined below. Brokers must follow this process to become certified with MNsure.
MNsure Certification Requirements
There are four primary requirements to obtain and maintain broker certification to sell policies sold on the MNsure marketplace:
- Agree to comply with MNsure Code of Conduct.
- Maintain active Minnesota producer’s licensure.
- Complete required MNsure certification online training annually and pass the assessment.
- Report timely changes in:
- Organization name and/or address.
- Agency-designated account administrator contact information.
- Broker’s name, employment status and desired directory address.
- Other relevant business information regarding licensure and/or status of Minnesota Producer Number or National Producer Number.
- Complete MNsure registration.
- Once agency registration is completed and broker is added to the roster an automated email is sent out immediately with information on current certification training requirements and instructions for accessing training. The email includes a unique ID for accessing MNsure’s online learning management system.
- Access MNsure's online learning management system (Pathlore).
- Complete required certification training. Continuing education (CE) credits will be awarded and reported to Sircon by MNsure within 10 days of successful completion.
- An email confirmation will be sent to each broker after all requirements have been verified complete.
Procedure to Request Training Access
If you do not receive or have forgotten your assigned unique ID to access training:
- Contact the designated agency administrator at your agency -- the unique ID can be retrieved from MNsure's online broker registration tool.
- Contact the Broker Service Line and they will assist you with the unique ID.
Terms and Definitions
- Registration: The broker’s initial step in the certification process to express interest in completing the process of certifying with MNsure and to sell products sold on the marketplace.
- Unique ID: A unique key issued by MNsure that allows a broker to log into MNsure’s online learning and certification portal. The unique ID is an alpha-numeric and allows MNsure to track and report CE credits to the Department of Commerce upon successful completion of coursework and required exams.