Monitor Staff Recertification
AMP should be used by authorized agency personnel to monitor the status of staff that are in the process of recertifying for 2021.
Requirements for Recertification:
- MNsure Data Security and Privacy
- MNsure Accessibility Compliance and Ethics
- Achieve a score of at least 80% on the knowledge assessment
Checking Recertification Status
Once you log in to AMP, from any page, click on "Staff Training" in the top navigation bar.
The Staff Training page will show you all current requirements for certification and recertification, as well as some optional courses.
A "Certified" staff member has completed recertification for 2021 if there is a completion date in the "OE8 Data Privacy & Security" column. If there is NO date in that column, the staff member is NOT recertified for 2021. Note that training data is updated 3x per week, so there may be a 1-2 business day delay in training completion showing here.
If a staff person does not complete the recertification requirements for 2021 by October 15, their "Certification Status" will change to "Not Certified."
The screenshot above is from after the October 15 deadline:
- Tester Test-Navigator was certified for 2020 and completed the recertification requirements for 2021 on August 5, 2020. Tester Test-Navigator has successfully recertified for 2021.
- Test Again was certified for 2020, but did not complete the recertification requirements for 2021 by October 15, 2020. She is no longer certified. In order to reactivate her certification, she must complete the recertification requirements.
- If there is no date, the staff member should review their training records in the MNsure Learning Center to verify that course shows as "mastered/completed" in their Learning Path. The individual’s Training ID for logging in to the MNsure Learning Center is in the "Training ID" column.
- If the course does show as "mastered/completed" in their Learning Path, MNsure has not yet updated their record to reflect completion. Please wait at least three business days after the individual completed the course before emailing the ARC to check the status. The ARC cannot respond to phone calls regarding training, certification or recertification status.