This policy applies to navigators and certified application counselors (CACs), referred to collectively as assisters in this policy.
Terms and Definitions
- Assister: Navigator or certified application counselor (CAC) certified by MNsure.
- Recertification: Training requirements to maintain certification for navigators and CACs that have had a certified status with MNsure within the prior two years.
To meet state requirements for annual privacy and security training, and to ensure that assisters continue to be trained on system and policy changes, navigators and CACs are required to complete recertification prior to the start of each open enrollment period.
Individuals that fail to complete the recertification requirements by the announced deadline will be notified that their certification status has been suspended. Suspended assisters can reactive their certified status within a two year period by completing all outstanding recertification requirements.
- MNsure will announce recertification requirements and deadlines prior to open enrollment each year. The current recertification requirements for navigators and CACs are published on MNsure’s Navigator One Stop website.
- The organization’s agency administrator should submit an updated roster to ensure MNsure has the most current list of individuals who will be seeking recertification for the next open enrollment period.
- When the recertification process begins, MNsure will send all currently certified assisters an email with detailed instructions for completing recertification requirements. The email will remind them of their training ID for using the MNsure learning and certification portal.
- The ARC will maintain a record of assisters who have completed recertification requirements. Periodically leading up to open enrollment, MNsure will send confirmations to assisters who have completed recertification and reminder emails to assisters who have not yet completed the requirements.
- Prior to open enrollment, on a date previously announced, MNsure will remove all navigators who have not completed recertification from the online Assister Directory. Once a navigator has completed recertification, they will be added back to the directory during the next scheduled directory update.
- Any assister who has not completed recertification by the deadline will have their certification suspended.
- Suspended assisters:
- Are no longer authorized to assist consumers with application and enrollment through MNsure.
- Are no longer authorized to use Assister Resource Center services.
- Will have their assister portal access suspended.
- If they are navigators, their organization is no longer eligible for per enrollee payments for any application or enrollment services performed after the date of assister’s suspension.
- Suspended assisters can reactivate their certification within a two year period after the date of their suspension by completing all outstanding recertification requirements. After the two year period, a suspended assister seeking certification must follow the current certification process for a new assister.
References and Related Documents