This policy applies to navigators and certified application counselors (CACs), referred to collectively as assisters in this policy.
To meet state requirements for annual privacy and security training, and to ensure that assisters continue to be trained on system and policy changes, navigators and CACs are required to complete recertification prior to the start of each open enrollment period.
Individuals that fail to complete the recertification requirements by the announced deadline will be notified that their certification status has been suspended. Suspended assisters can reactive their certified status within a two year period by completing all outstanding recertification requirements.
- MNsure will announce recertification requirements and deadlines prior to open enrollment each year. The current recertification requirements for navigators and CACs are published on MNsure’s Navigator One Stop.
- When the recertification process begins, MNsure will send all currently certified assisters an email with detailed instructions for completing recertification requirements. The email will remind them of their training ID for using the MNsure Learning Center.
- Once an assister has completed the recertification requirements, MNsure will send an email confirmation to the assister. Authorized agency contacts can also monitor staff recertification status through the Agency Management Program (AMP).
- Any assister who has not completed recertification by the announced deadline will have their certification suspended.
- Suspended assisters:
- Are no longer authorized to assist consumers with application and enrollment through MNsure.
- Are no longer authorized to use ARC services.
- Will have their assister portal access suspended.
- If they are navigators, their organization is no longer eligible for per enrollee payments for any application or enrollment services performed after the date of assister’s suspension.
- Suspended assisters can reactivate their certification within a two year period after the date of their suspension by completing all outstanding recertification requirements. After the two year period, a suspended assister seeking certification will need to meet the current certification requirements for a new assister.
Terms and Definitions
- Assister: Navigator or certified application counselor (CAC) certified by MNsure.
- Recertification: Training requirements to maintain certification for navigators and CACs that have had a certified status with MNsure within the prior two years.