This policy applies to non-licensed staff or licensed staff who are not actively selling MNsure policies.
Support staff who have completed required training and agreed to comply with MNsure’s Code of Conduct will be certified by MNsure and issued an Admin ID.
Once issued an Admin ID, support staff may contact MNsure’s Broker Service Line on behalf of brokers within their agency.
Certification Requirements for Support Staff
- Complete Data Security, Accessibility, Compliance and Ethics online training annually and pass the assessment.
- Agree to comply with the MNsure Code of Conduct.
- Report timely changes in:
- Organizational name and contact information
- Status of employment
- Other relevant business information
Procedure for Support Staff Certification
- Add support staff to the agency roster in the Broker Agency Management Program (BAMP).
- An automated email will be sent with instructions for accessing training. The email includes a unique ID (Training ID) for accessing MNsure’s online learning management system.
- Access MNsure's online learning management system (Pathlore).
- Complete required certification training.
- An email confirmation will be sent after all requirements have been verified as complete. The email will include an Admin ID to be used when calling in to MNsure’s Broker Service Line.
Contacting the Broker Service Line
MNsure-certified support staff may contact the Broker Service Line on behalf of a broker within their agency if annual certification requirements guidelines have been met.
When calling the Broker Service Line support staff must provide their:
- First and last name
- Admin ID
The Broker Service Line is unable to assist support staff if certification requirements have not been met.
Support staff may perform the following MNsure processes. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Check application and enrollment status
- Report life event changes
- Submit a case status request form
- Provide verification documentation for qualifying life events (QLEs) for a Special Enrollment Period.
Support staff will not receive an Assister Portal account.
Terms and Definitions
Admin ID: Identification number assigned by MNsure after annual certification training requirements are met. The assigned number should be used when contacting the Broker Service Line and will not change as long as support staff maintains certification with MNsure.
Support Staff: Non-licensed staff within an agency who support MNsure-certified brokers with consumer applications and enrollments. They are not permitted to sell health or dental insurance policies.
Broker Service Line Policy
Support Staff Certification Requirements