This policy applies to non-licensed staff or licensed staff who are not actively selling MNsure policies.
Support staff who have completed required training and agreed to comply with MNsure’s Code of Conduct will be certified by MNsure and issued an Admin ID.
- Add support staff to the agency roster in the Broker Agency Management Program (BAMP).
- An automated email will be sent with instructions for accessing training. The email includes a unique ID (Training ID) for accessing MNsure’s online learning management system.
- Access MNsure's online learning management system (Pathlore).
- Complete required certification training.
- An email confirmation will be sent after all requirements have been verified as complete. The email will include an Admin ID to be used when calling in to MNsure’s Broker Service Line.
Broker support staff will need to complete the MNsure Assister Data Security, Accessibility, Compliance and Ethics online training and pass the assessment.
Support staff are also required to:
- Agree to comply with the MNsure Code of Conduct.
- Report timely changes in:
- Organizational name and contact information
- Status of employment
- Other relevant business information
Contacting the Broker Service Line
MNsure-certified support staff may contact the Broker Service Line on behalf of a broker within their agency once annual certification requirements guidelines have been met and an Admin ID has been issued.
When calling the Broker Service Line support staff must provide their:
- First and last name
- Admin ID
The Broker Service Line is unable to assist support staff if certification requirements have not been met.
Roles and Responsibilities of Broker Support Staff
- Application Process: Support staff may check the status of an application and my completed an application on behalf of a consumer.
- Case Status Requests: Support staff may submit case status request forms to the Broker Service Line.
- Duplicate 1095A Requests: Support staff are permitted to request that a duplicate 1095A be sent to a consumer.
- Life Event Changes (LEC): Support staff can report life event changes over the phone by contacting the Broker Service Line. Support staff cannot use the online life event reporting tool.
- Manual Account Creation: Support staff can submit an Account Request form on behalf of a consumer, however the credentials for the consumer account cannot be sent to the support staff. This means that the support staff is not allowed to enter their email address on the form when completing it.
- Password Reset for Broker's Assister Portal: Support staff may complete a password reset on behalf of broker for the broker's Assister Portal account. Support staff will not receive an Assister Portal account.
- Password Reset on Consumer Account: Support staff can complete a password reset over the phone, but ONLY if the consumer is present.
- Qualified Health Plan Enrollment: Support staff are permitted to complete a health plan enrollment on behalf of a broker or consumer and check the status of the enrollment, but may not provide advice to consumers on health plan selection.
- Registration and Certification Inquiries: Support staff can email the Broker Service Line on behalf of themselves or any person in their agency to inquire about registration and certification.
- Technical Issues: Support staff can report technical issues via secure email to the Broker Service Line.
- Verification Documents: Support staff may provide verification documentation for new applications, enrollments and qualifying life events (QLEs) for a special enrollment period. They may also check the status of verification documents.
Terms and Definitions
Admin ID: Identification number assigned by MNsure after annual certification training requirements are met. The assigned number should be used when contacting the Broker Service Line and will not change as long as support staff maintains certification with MNsure.
Support Staff: Non-licensed staff within an agency who support MNsure-certified brokers with consumer applications and enrollments. They are not permitted to sell health or dental insurance policies.
Broker Service Line Policy
Support Staff Certification Requirements