Request Secure Email
Instructions for navigators on how to request a secure email. The secure email policy can be found in the Assister Joint Policies and Procedures.
Emails containing personal health information (PHI) must be sent through secure email. To request a secure email for an inquiry that contains PHI:
- Send a regular email to email@example.com, and in the subject line, type "request secure email."
- The Assister Resource Center (ARC) will send a secure email redirecting with a link to a secure site.
- Go to that site to set up an account.
- Secure emails may then be sent from that account to the ARC.
How to Open a Secure Email from MNsure
- A secure email from MNsure will come from an email address ending in @state.mn.us. The subject line will say "Encrypted Email." The content of the email will say: [Sender's name and email address] has sent you a protected message. There is a blue colored button that says "Read the message" with a padlock icon above it. Select this button to open and access the encrypted email.
- If you are expecting an email from MNsure and have not received it, check your junk or spam folders before emailing the ARC again.