Password Reset for Consumers: Broker Service Line Procedure
The Broker Team is able to assist brokers with completing password resets for their consumers.
To complete a password reset the broker or consumer must be able to verify three pieces of identifying information on the consumer account profile.
- Password resets can only be completed over the phone. Email requests will not be accepted.
- Broker Service Line staff is only able to complete one password reset per call in order to protect consumer data.
- Broker must verify three personal identifiers contained in the consumer’s account.
- Broker Service Line representative provides broker with consumer’s username and resets the password on the consumer’s account.
- Representative will provide the temporary password for consumer’s account which will be valid for 24 hours.
- The Broker Service Line staff can use the following consumer PII to verify the account information:
- Full name
- User name
- Phone number
- Last four digits of SSN
Please have this information ready prior to making the phone call. Remember that the information must be verified against what was entered when the account was created. In some cases, consumers may not have provided a piece of information (such as an SSN) or the data may not match their current information (such as an address).