Monitor a Background Study
How to Monitor a Background Study
If the authorized agency contact has completed all of the steps needed for a background study and the new staff has completed all of the steps listed on the Background Study Process for Certifying Staff Tip Sheet (PDF) there is no further action needed.
- The new staff applying for certification can check the status of their background study in NETStudy 2.0.
- If the new staff receives a MNsure certification confirmation email, this means the new staff has cleared their background check. If the study results in a potential disqualification, the new staff will receive a notice in the mail that includes information to request an individualized review (appeal).
- The new staff may receive an automated email from MNsure, coming from email@example.com, if there are additional steps needed. You can find the process for these emails on the Background Studies FAQ page.
Authorized agency contacts can also monitor a background study by checking the Background Study Information section on the Staff Record in the Agency Management Program (AMP). Below is a description of the information in each of these fields.
NS2 Study Initiated:
- If there is a date in this field, then MNsure has initiated the background study. This means MNsure has received the background study consent form, valid identification and the individual has completed their background study application in NETStudy. If this field has a date, the Fingerprinting Deadline Date should also be present. The individual should also have received an email with the deadline date and directions to schedule their appointment for the fingerprinting and photograph process.
- If there is a "No" in this field, MNsure has not initiated the background study. This could mean the following:
- The individual has not yet completed the first two courses of the certification training and is not yet eligible to start the background study process.
- The individual's Background Study Consent form was not completed and signed, was not uploaded to the Staff Record in AMP or the upload was it not clear/legible.
- A copy of valid identification was not uploaded to the Staff Record in AMP or the upload was not clear/legible.
The individual may have also received an email about and issue with their background study. You can also check the Background Study FAQ for more information on these emails.
Fingerprinting Deadline Date:
- If there is a date in this field, then the individual needs to schedule and complete their fingerprinting and photograph process by this date.
- After MNsure has initiated the background study, the individual will have 14 days to complete the fingerprinting and photograph process. If the individual does not meet this deadline, they must restart the application and will be responsible for all fees incurred to resubmit the application.
- If there is a TBD status in the field, then the deadline for the fingerprinting and photograph process has not been given to the new staff. New staff should wait for the email from MNsure which will give the deadline date and information on how to schedule the appointment.
- MNsure will be notified by NETStudy 2.0 that the individual has completed the fingerprinting and photograph appointment. Please allow at least two business days after the appointment has been completed for this field to be updated with a date.
- If there is a "No" in this field but there is a date in the Fingerprinting Deadline Date field, confirm with the individual that they have scheduled/completed their appointment. If this date has passed or the new staff will not be able to complete their appointment by Fingerprinting Deadline Date, refer to the Background Studies FAQ for more information.
Payment Receipt Verified:
- If there is a date in this field and all other fields in the Background Study Information section, there are no further steps needed. New staff should continue with training for certification.
- If there is not a date in this field and the individual has completed their fingerprinting and photograph appointment, submit the receipt as soon as possible. MNsure will not proceed with the individual's certification until a legible copy of the receipt has been uploaded by the authorized agency contact.
The authorized agency contact steps for uploading and viewing documents are located on the Upload Background Study Documents page.