12/10/2014 10:14:43 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Jenni Bowring-McDonough
Media Relations Coordinator
ST. PAUL, Minn.-With only five days remaining to enroll into commercial health insurance for January 1 coverage, MNsure is urging Minnesotans to act now and get enrolled. Minnesotans who want health coverage beginning January 1, 2015, have until Monday, December 15, at 11:59 p.m. to enroll in commercial health plans through MNsure. With Monday's deadline rapidly approaching, MNsure shared "five things to know" to more quickly and efficiently complete the enrollment process.
1. Don't wait. Individuals using MNsure to find new coverage or to renew commercial health insurance coverage effective January 1, 2015, must enroll on or before Monday, December 15, 2014, and those enrollments must be complete by 11:59 p.m. Enrollments that have not been completed by 11:59 p.m. on December 15 will not be processed for January 1 coverage.
2. Get help from a MNsure navigator or broker to make the process easier. In-person help from a MNsure-certified navigator or broker is available free of charge. In addition to six walk-in enrollment centers, MNsure navigators and brokers can be found throughout the state. The online directory is available via the MNsure homepage and /help/find-assister/index.jspat this link.
3. Call the MNsure Contact Center well before December 15 for help. Because we expect call volume to be high as we approach the December 15 deadline, MNsure's Contact Center will be open extended hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, December 13 and Sunday, December 14; and from 8 a.m. - midnight Monday, December 15. If you have questions about the enrollment process, we strongly recommend you reach out to a navigator or broker to discuss your options. You can search our easy-to-use assister directory by going to MNsure.org and type keyword: assister. To talk with a MNsure representative about enrollment, call 1-855-366-7873.
4. You will pay the health insurance company directly once enrollment is complete. Consumers who enroll in commercial coverage will receive an invoice from their health insurance company.
5. The December 15 deadline does not apply to people who are eligible for or currently enrolled in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare. For Medical Assistance, eligible individuals will be covered for the entire month in which they apply. For MinnesotaCare, individuals will have until December 31 to apply for coverage effective January 1.