skip to content
Primary navigation

We were Unable to Confirm Your Identity

To create an online account, we need to verify your identity. If you are seeing this page it means we were not able to do so electronically. You may submit identity documents by mail. Send copies only. Do not send your original documents.

Documentation Needed

To verify your identity you may use one of the following documents:

  • Current driver's license issued by a state or territory
  • School identification card with photograph and name
  • U.S. military card or draft record
  • Identification card issued by the federal, state, or local government including a U.S. passport
  • Military dependent's identification card
  • Native American Tribal document
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
  • Voter registration card

If you don't have any of the above documents, you may instead submit two (2) of the following:

  • Birth certificate
  • Social Security card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Employer identification card
  • High school or college diploma (including high school equivalency diploma)
  • Property deed or title

Where to Send Your Documents

Please download and fill in our Online Account Request form (PDF). It contains all the information you need regarding appropriate documents and where to send them.

back to top