skip to content
Primary navigation

Report Incarceration Status Change

If you’re incarcerated (serving a term in prison or jail), you can’t use MNsure to buy a private health insurance plan. But after you’re released, you can. 

To report this change, gather the information needed and call the MNsure Contact Center at 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities).

Have this information ready when you report this change:

  • If you or a member of your household have been released from incarceration, the date of release
  • If you or a member of your household becomes incarcerated, the date of the incarceration

This change may qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP)

Getting released from serving a term in prison or jail can make you newly eligible for a private health plan during a SEP.

back to top