You may qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP) if you gained a dependent through birth of a child.
Apply for a SEP.
Be prepared to send a copy of the birth certificate. The birth certificate must show:
- The child's name and birth date.
- The birth date occurred in the last 60 days.
How and when do I send documents?
During the SEP application process you'll be instructed on how to send verifying documents, if they are needed. If needed, MNsure must receive your verification before the 60-day SEP window expires.
- 60-day SEP begins: Date of birth.
- When you can enroll: Any time during the 60-day window of your SEP once your qualifying life event is verified.
- When your coverage starts: Date of birth.
Note: You may have other options available. Please call our Contact Center to learn more.