You may qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP) if you gained a dependent through birth of a child.
Be prepared to send a copy of the birth certificate. The birth certificate must show:
- The child's name and birth date.
- The birth date occurred in the last 60 days.
How and when do I send documents?
During the SEP application process you'll be instructed on how to send verifying documents, if they are needed. MNsure must receive your documents and have enough time to process them for you to have time to select a plan before your 60-day SEP window expires.
Apply for this SEP
Follow these steps to apply for this SEP.
- 60-day SEP begins: Date of birth.
- When you can enroll: Any time during the 60-day window of your SEP once your qualifying life event is verified.
- When your coverage starts: Date of birth.
Note: You may have other options available. Please call our Contact Center to learn more.