Role of a Navigator
Organizations that serve as navigators/in-person assisters are contracted to:
- Provide individuals and families with free assistance to help them achieve successful enrollments into health coverage through the MNsure marketplace
- Attempt to provide assistance to any consumer who contacts them for help
- Have certified navigators listed on the MNsure Assister Directory
- Comply with MNsure's data privacy and security standards and conflict of interest disclosure requirements
Becoming a Partner
Navigator organizations are formally contracted partners with MNsure and are not insurance agents or brokers. To become a partner, organizations must submit an application. MNsure will accept applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
Organizations will be notified of the outcome of their application. If approved, a contract will be sent to the organization for review and signature.
Submit questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted electronically to the Assister Resource Center at email@example.com (use subject line Partner Application) or submit a printed application to:
81 7th Street East, Suite 300
St. Paul, MN 55101-2211
Attn: Assister Resource Center
Training and Certification
To begin actively assisting consumers through the MNsure marketplace, each staff member who will deliver direct consumer assistance at your organization must be certified by MNsure.
Once a contract is executed with the organization, the Assister Resource Center will send the organization's primary contact the background check forms and instructions for submitting a roster of all staff members who require certification.
In order to be certified, staff must:
- Pass a background check
- Complete training and pass knowledge assessments
Training is available online, so courses can be taken when convenient for you. Training will:
- Include web-based knowledge assessments
- Most likely take less than 20 hours to complete
Certification is confirmed once a background check has cleared, training has been completed, and knowledge assessments have been passed. Once an individual is certified, they will receive a unique assister ID number to use when assisting consumers.
Certifications are processed on or around the 1st and 15th of each month.
The Assister Resource Center provides ongoing support and information to certified assisters. 1-844-520-8695 (dial 2) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracted organizations will be paid:
- $25 per individual enrolled in Medical Assistance by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, pursuant 2012 Minnesota Statute Section 256.962, subdivision 5.
- $70 per individual enrolled in MinnesotaCare by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- $70 per individual enrolled in a qualified health plan (QHP) by MNsure.
In order to contract with MNsure, an organization must provide a DUNS number (how to obtain a DUNS number) and SWIFT Vendor ID (how to obtain a SWIFT Vendor ID).