skip to content
Primary navigation

Report Additional Household Members

To report this change, gather the information needed and call the MNsure Contact Center at 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities).

Additional household members could include:

  • Newborn babies
  • New household members due to marriage (spouse and spouse's children, for example)
  • Adopted child
  • Foster child
  • Current household members that were omitted in error

Note: To get the correct financial help you must include all members of your household, even if they are not applying. See more details about which household members to include on your MNsure account. 

Information you may need to report this change:

  • Birthdate of the person being added
  • Social Security number (if available) for the person being added if they are seeking coverage
  • For non-citizens, Green Card or other immigration documents
  • W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN)
  • Projected annual income of the person being added, if applicable
  • If the individual being added has access to health insurance coverage, it must be reported (see more about employer-sponsored insurance and minimum essential coverage)
    • Employer's name and address
    • Date of enrollment (note: this may be a future date)
    • Employer ID (note: the employer’s EIN can be located on the employee’s W2 form)
    • The date the health insurance coverage starts (effective date)

This change may qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP)

Adding a household member to your MNsure account may make you eligible to change plans during a SEP. It may also change your eligibility for financial help.

Documentation needed to apply for a SEP with this change:

How to apply for a SEP

back to top