Use Your Coverage
If you are enrolled in private coverage, use the information below for tips on using your health insurance coverage. If you are enrolled in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare visit the Department of Human Services' website for new member information.
Once your coverage starts, use it to help cover your medical costs. Remember that private health plans purchased through MNsure include 10 essential benefits.
Tips to Get Started
- Be sure to pay your monthly premium to your health insurance company on time.
- Review your summary of benefits and coverage to get a good overview of what your plan covers.
- To get comprehensive information about your plan's coverage, refer to the evidence of coverage for your plan.
- Understand the out-of-pocket costs for your plan. (This can save you money!)
- If you have questions about your coverage, call your insurance company to get help.
- Schedule preventive care appointments (these are free if used inside your network).
- Get emergency care. For emergency situations, find the nearest hospital or health facility, even if it is out of your network. You won't be charged extra for out-of-network emergency services.