Use Your Coverage
Once your coverage starts, use it to help cover your medical costs. Remember that all marketplace health plans include 10 essential benefits.
Tips to Get Started
- Be sure to pay your monthly premium to your health insurance company on time.
- Review your summary of benefits and coverage to get a good overview of what your plan covers.
- To get comprehensive information about your plan's coverage, refer to the evidence of coverage for your plan.
- Understand the out-of-pocket costs for your plan. (This can save you money!)
- If you have questions about your coverage, call your insurance company to get help.
- Schedule preventive care appointments (these are free if used inside your network).
- Get emergency care. For emergency situations, find the nearest hospital or health facility, even if it is out of your network. You won't be charged extra for out-of-network emergency services.