Enrolled members of a federally recognized tribe are eligible to enroll in a qualified health plan or change from one plan to another one time per month, year-round, including outside the annual open enrollment period.
Household members who are not tribal members can enroll in or change qualified health plans with a qualifying tribal member one time per month if they apply for coverage with the qualifying tribal member.
- Event date: when applying for a SEP, enter today's date (the date you are applying)
- SEP begins at the beginning of each month and ends on the final day of the month.
- When you can enroll: Any time once per month.
- When your coverage starts:
- If we received your plan selection the 1st-15th of the month, your coverage starts the following month.
- If we received your plan selection the 16th-end of the month, your coverage starts the 1st of the second following month.
If your tribal membership in a federally recognized tribe has already been verified with MNsure, you will not need to send verification documents again.
If your tribal membership has not been verified with MNsure, plan on sending a copy of at least one of these documents:
- Tribal affiliation card
- Tribal affiliation document
- A certified letter or membership list from the tribe will be accepted if you do not have either one of the above documents
Documents must show the member's name and name of the tribe.
How and when do I send documents?
During the SEP application process you'll be instructed on how to send verifying documents, if they are needed.
Apply for this SEP
Follow these steps to apply for this SEP.