skip to content
Primary navigation

Reporting Changes for Private Coverage

Report changes within 30 days of the date of the change. As a private health coverage enrollee, you are responsible to report changes that can affect your coverage or eligibility. 

Certain changes may qualify you for a special enrollment period (SEP), which allows for a limited time (usually 60 days) to change plans outside the annual open enrollment period.

How to Report a Change

  1. Gather the information needed for the change you are reporting. Click on a change below for more details. Giving us complete information can help to avoid delays.
  2. Call 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities) to report your change. 

You can check the status of a change you have reported with our online help tool.

Changes You Should Report

Add Household Members

Had a baby, adopted a child, got married? Report additional household members.

Address Change

Report if your address changes.

American Indian or Alaska Native Status

Report a change in American Indian or Alaska Native status.

Citizenship or Immigration Status

Report changes to U.S. citizenship, U.S. national or immigration status.

Death of Plan Member

Report the death of a member on your plan.

Divorce or Legal Separation

Report if your circumstances change because of divorce or legal separation.

Gain Access to Health Coverage

If you gain access (even if you decline it) to other health coverage that is considered affordable you must report it.

Incarceration Status

Report if a household member starts or stops serving a term in prison or jail (incarceration).

Income Change

Report household income changes due to employment change, new income, or change to your projected annual income.   

Loss of Health Coverage

Report the loss of health insurance coverage through a job loss, turning 26 or other circumstances.

Name, Birthdate, Phone, Email, Social Security Number

Report changes or corrections to personal information.


Report a pregnancy if you wish to be considered for Medical Assistance during your pregnancy.

Tax-Filer Status

Report a change or correction to tax-filer status.

Tobacco Use

Report if someone on your plan starts or stops using tobacco.

back to top