skip to content
Primary navigation

Report Tax-Filer Status Change

A change in tax-filer status can be reported up to 60 days in advance of the change.

To report this change, gather the information needed and call the MNsure Contact Center at 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities).

Report a change to tax-filer status when:

  • You need to make a correction to the tax-filer status you put on your MNsure application
  • You or someone in your household's tax-filer status has changed

Have the appropriate information ready based on the new or corrected status you are reporting:

  • Married and filing jointly: your spouse's name and the date this tax-filing status begins.
  • Non-filer: the date this tax-filing status begins.
  • Tax filer: the date this tax-filing status begins.
  • Tax dependents:  first name, last name and birth date of the person claiming the tax dependent. Also have the date this tax-filing status begins.

This change is often related to other changes:
A tax-filer status change can be tied to other changes, such as adding a household member or an income change

These other changes can make you eligible for a special enrollment period (SEP). To take advantage of the opportunity for a SEP, you may first want to review the other changes and the documents needed to apply for a SEP before calling us to report your tax-filer status change.

back to top