skip to content
Primary navigation

Report Divorce or Legal Separation

Report if your circumstances change because of divorce or legal separation.

Have this information ready when you report this change:

  • Date of the divorce or legal separation. This change cannot be reported until divorce or separation court documents are final.
  • We must speak to both parties before this change can be processed on your MNsure account. If this is not possible, you will need to provide a copy of the divorce or legal separation decree.

This change may qualify for a SEP:

If you lose your private health insurance coverage through divorce or legal separation, this change may make you newly eligible to enroll in a private health plan during a special enrollment period (SEP).

back to top