skip to content
Primary navigation

Reporting Changes for Public Program Coverage

Report changes for Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare to the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS). 

It's important that you know your rights and responsibilities about reporting changes for public program coverage. If you do not report changes, you may have to pay money back to the state or federal government for benefits that you received but were not eligible for. 

Medical Assistance

If you have Medical Assistance, you must report a change within 10 days of the change happening. Call your county or tribal office to report the change.


If you have MinnesotaCare, you must report a change within 30 days of the change happening.

  • If everyone in your household receives MinnesotaCare, call the MinnesotaCare Information Line at 651-297-3862 or 800-657-3672.
  • If anyone in your household has MA, call your county or tribal office.
back to top