All plans offered on the MNsure marketplace include these consumer protections:
- No discrimination based on pre-existing conditions or gender
- No annual dollar limit on coverage
- No lifetime limit on coverage
- A cap on out-of-pocket costs
- Allows young adults to stay on their parent's health insurance plan until age 26, unless they have access to coverage through their employer
- Requires that 80-85 cents of every dollar you pay for health insurance is spent on delivering or improving health care-or you get a refund from your insurance company
- Provides consumers a standard, plain language summary of your plan called a summary of benefits and coverage.