skip to content
Primary navigation

Report Death of a Plan Member

Report the death of a member on your health insurance plan.

Have this information ready when you report this change:

  • The date of the death.
  • If the person reporting the death is not on the MNsure application, we will need documentation showing that this person has power of attorney, is executor of the will and/or estate, or was previously listed as an authorized representative.

This change may qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP)special enrollment period (SEP)

If you lose your private health insurance coverage due to the death of a member on your plan, this change may make you newly eligible to enroll in a private health plan during a SEP.

Documentation needed to verify the death of a plan member.

How to apply for a SEP

back to top