Open enrollment for 2023 private coverage runs November 1 through January 15. Open enrollment is the annual opportunity to change or renew private health insurance coverage.
Important! If you decide to change plans, you must do so by December 15 for your new plan to start on January 1. If you change plans December 16-January 15, your new plan won’t start until February 1.
How to Change Your Plan during Open Enrollment
1. Sign in to your account on or after November 1.
2. Click the Go to your account link under the Current Customers heading to get to your account homepage. (Do not click Apply and Enroll. Do not fill out a new application.)
3. Click View Next Year Eligibility Results.
4. Your Health Care Results page will load. Click the Enroll in Plans button on this page to go to your enrollment dashboard. (The button may have slightly different text.)
5. Your dashboard will load. Click the Change Plans button under Next Steps.
6. Select either the medical or dental tab and then click the Change Plan button.
7. You’ll be taken to the Confirm Your Plan Selection screen. To continue, select the Shop for a Different Plan button.
8. A window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to remove your existing plan and shop for a new plan. There is a warning message about premium changes that may occur.
9. Shop for a new plan. (See Shop Plans for more information).
10. Enroll in a plan and sign. (See How to Enroll for more information).
11. Pay the first month's premium to your insurance company when you receive an invoice. You will not have coverage unless you complete this step.
Keep Your Account Updated
Remember to keep your account up to date by reporting income and other household changes as soon as possible.
Get Help, Find Answers