skip to content
Primary navigation

News Releases

MNsure's Open Enrollment Period for 2021 Coverage Is Coming; Update Your Information Now

8/11/2020 10:03:01 AM

ST. PAUL, Minn.—With open enrollment just around the corner, it's more important than ever for Minnesotans to ensure their account information with MNsure is up to date.

"So many Minnesota families have experienced big changes this year," said Nate Clark, MNsure CEO. "If you have experienced a change in circumstance, please report it to MNsure as soon as possible. This will ensure your health care coverage renewal is processed as quickly and accurately as possible."

What changes should I report to MNsure?

  • /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/income.jspChanges to income
  • /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/lose-coverage.jspLoss of health insurance
  • Change in household size due to /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/pregnancy.jsppregnancy, /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/add-member.jspbirth, /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/death.jspdeath or /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/add-member.jspmarriage
  • /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/address-change.jspNew residential or mailing address

Look for the full list of /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/index.jsplife event changes on the MNsure website.

Why do I need to report changes?

In order for your health plan renewal to be processed with the most up-to-date information you must report life event changes as soon as possible.


  • The amount of financial help you qualify for could go up or down
  • To make sure important notices and forms are mailed to the correct address
  • If you have moved, your current plan might not be available, and/or new plans may now be an option

Reminder: throughout the year, it’s important to report any changes that affect your enrollment or your eligibility. Please report these changes within 30 days of the event.

How should I report changes?

Changes should be reported to the MNsure Contact Center by calling 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities). Be sure you have the /current-customers/manage-account/report-change/private/index.jspinformation needed to report the change. Having this information ready will help to avoid delays.

For individuals covered by Medical Assistance, changes should be reported to their county or tribal office. For individuals covered by MinnesotaCare, changes should be reported to the MinnesotaCare office at 651-297-3862 or 800-657-3672.

Know your /current-customers/rights/index.jsprights and responsibilities about reporting changes.

MNsure is Minnesota's health insurance marketplace where individuals and families can shop, compare and choose health insurance coverage that meets their needs. MNsure is the only place you can apply for financial help to lower the cost of your monthly insurance premium and out-of-pocket costs. Most Minnesotans who enroll through MNsure qualify for financial help.

back to top