This procedure applies to navigators.
The 2020 Minnesota legislature passed a law authorizing the new limited Medical Assistance (MA) coverage group for COVID-19 testing for uninsured Minnesotans. The new coverage group, MA Coverage for COVID-19 Testing, is available beginning May 1, 2020, and ends when the peacetime emergency ends.
Find more information about the program, including eligibility criteria, is available in the Minnesota Department of Human Services Bulletin #20-21-03.
On August 11, 2020, Minnesota’s Legislative Advisory Commission approved funding from the federal Coronavirus Relief Fund to compensate navigators for assisting uninsured individuals with completing the application for MA Coverage for COVID-19 Testing (DHS-7310).
As of August 19, 2020, Attachment A of the MNsure Grant Services Contract for Navigator/In-Person Assisters has been updated to include assisting eligible uninsured individuals with completing the COVID-19 testing application as a new duty. Navigator agencies are eligible for a $25 payment per applicant with a successful determination of eligibility for testing coverage (see Navigator Payment Policy).
In order to be eligible for payment, navigators must submit a Navigator Case Association Form within 30 days of assisting a consumer with the application. Payment is available until funds are no longer available or coverage for COVID-19 testing through the DHS-7310 is no longer available, whichever comes first.
Telephonic Signature Procedure
Navigators assisting consumers with completing the DHS-7310 over the phone must follow this procedure for obtaining a telephonic signature from a consumer. Please note that this telephonic signature process may ONLY be used to sign the DHS-7310.
- Consumer contacts assister and requests help completing the DHS-7310 application over the phone.
- Complete the Application for MA Coverage for COVID-19 Testing with the consumer over the phone.
- Obtain verbal signature by utilizing the DHS-7310 Attestation of Signature Form. (Note: the consumer’s name, date of birth and Social Security number is needed to connect the application with the signature attestation form.)
- Fax or mail the completed application and completed “Attestation of Signature” form together to DHS Health Care Consumer Support (HCCS), Fax Number: 651-431-7374, mailing address: PO Box 64252, St. Paul, MN, 55164-0252.
- Complete the online Navigator Case Association form to request payment for assisting with the DHS-7310.
- If appropriate, assist the consumer with completing a full MNsure application to determine eligibility for ongoing coverage.