Get the Latest COVID-19 Updates
Minnesotans with questions about COVID-19 should refer to the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control for the most current information on the status of the virus in Minnesota.
Coverage Options through MNsure
Open enrollment for 2023 private coverage ended January 15, but you may qualify to enroll now:
Currently enrolled and experience a decrease in income? Update your account.
Recently lost your employer-sponsored insurance?
- If you have recently lost or will lose insurance through your employer, you may qualify for a special enrollment period to enroll in a plan through MNsure. This special enrollment period is available year-round to qualifying individuals. To enroll, you must contact MNsure and pick a plan within 60 days of losing employer coverage.
- To avoid a gap in coverage, you can contact MNsure up to 60 days in advance of your employer's plan ending to begin the enrollment process.
MNsure offers comprehensive coverage.
- All plans on MNsure cover comprehensive benefits like doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, prescriptions, mental health services and more.
- COVID-19 coverage for MNsure enrollees: Federal law requires all private health insurance plans sold through MNsure to waive cost sharing for the COVID-19 vaccine and COVID-19 testing and cover at home COVID-19 diagnostic tests authorized, cleared, or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Contact your insurance company directly for details about these benefits and what is available to you.
Help is available.
- MNsure has a statewide network of expert assisters who can help Minnesotans apply and enroll, free of charge.
- Call our Contact Center at 651-539-2099 (855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities).
- Use our online help tools to access frequently requested services.
- If you have questions on what your plan covers, or how to use your benefits at this important time, contact your insurance company.
Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19