Plans sold through MNsure provide peace of mind of knowing you and your family are covered when the unexpected happens.
All plans sold on MNsure include the following consumer protections:
- No discrimination based on pre-existing conditions or gender
- No annual dollar limit on coverage
- No lifetime limit on coverage
- A cap on out-of-pocket costs
- Allows young adults to stay on their parent's health insurance plan until age 26, unless they have access to coverage through their employer
- Requires that 80-85 cents of every dollar you pay for health insurance is spent on delivering or improving health care-or you get a refund from your insurance company
- Provides a standard, plain language summary of your plan called a summary of benefits and coverage
In addition to the above consumer protections, all plans sold through MNsure include these essential health benefits. Other plans available outside of MNsure may not include the same benefits and protections guaranteed when purchasing a plan through MNsure.